Aladdin. Its a good movie. Its the staple of any healthy Disney diet that can be handled by the pallets of young and old alike, and when well complimented with a side of Finding Nemo can sate the appetite of any person hungry for Disney movies.
(I simply could not resist the urge to put as many references to food in there as possible. One should not write on an empty stomach.)
Aladdin is a thief, and jasmine is a princess. So if you look at the picture with a non-Disney view of the situation, hes never, ever, ever (to the 10,000 power multiplied by 1,000,000) going to get the girl. Her dad would forbid it, he would never be able to be in her presence to meet her, and he would probably be concerned with the more important things in life (like not being killed by those pointy things the guards are carrying).
In addition to all of this, she probably thinks that he is the scum beneath her feet. They come from completely different backgrounds, so its alright if they resent each other for their differences, right?
A different approach to this is a guy from the south who loves country music, and a guy from a northern city that loves hip-hop. One calls the other hick, the other calls the one a city-slicker. (alright, I realize that the term "city slicker hasn't been used in society for over a decade or by anyone under 40, just roll with it).
Another angle, a Christian and man who has never known God.
I know a lot of people who have called christian hypocrites for their judging everybody saying that they are stuck up perfectionists with double standards. While I have also known Christians to judge others as unworthy because they sin.
God calls to another standard. One that he shows us how to do.
He meets us at where we are at. Whether that is 10% or 99% God is there meeting you with open arms.
We all grow up in different situations, have different backrounds, like different things, have different opinions, dress differently, or speak different languages.
This is a lesson I have had to learn. before I knew God, I called Christians hypocrites. And then once I became Christian, I still have judged others.
When I first came, I was upset with people here at York. They were rude, openly talked about sex and drugs, and used foul language. As time went on though, I realized that I was just as bad they were for judging them.
In the bible Jesus eats and shows love to sinners.
Mark 2:15-17
Later that day, Jesus ate at Levi's house. There were many tax collectors and other bad people eating there with Jesus and his followers. There were many of these people that followed Jesus. The teachers of the law (they were Pharisees) saw Jesus eating with these tax collectors and other bad people. They asked Jesus' followers, "Why does he (Jesus) eat with tax collectors and sinners?" Jesus heard this, and he said to them, "Healthy people don't need a doctor. It is the sick people that need a doctor. I did not come to invite good people. I came to invite sinners."
Fortunatly I have learned my lesson and I am growing more into the man God wants me to be.
So we can follow society, judge the book by its cover, and judge others because they are different. Or we can live to Gods standard, show them the love whether or not we want to.
No matter who they are, what they do, or where they come from, Meet them where they're at.
God Bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment