I have wasted so much of my life already. I have followed other people, listened to their wisdom, dreamed and lived their dreams. My voice has been their voice.
My dreams have never been my own.
My voice has never been my own.
And now im at york college. I don't have the dreams and voices and others telling me what to do.
Im kinda lost.
When I accepted christ as my savior I accepted a new life living for him.
Not for my dad, for my guidance counselors, or my friends.
He has called me to so much more than to spend my life chasing around dreams i dont really care for.
I want to tell you my dreams.
I dream of paying professional soccer, of turning my faith into a book so i can share it with others, i dream of singing in a band, and being the lead in a play.
I love sports and the arts. I have never been to excited about school. I cant stand science, math bores me, english is fun, and history is cool. But my time is best spent out of the classroom.
Granted in order to make my time outside of the classroom most effective i need to do well in it.
With all that being said. I have spent so much of my time doing what others tell me they think i should do.
This has ranged from being a teacher, to a youth minister, to being a waste of space (thanks dad).
I havent looked into what God has put on my heart, or the strenths he has given me.
I love writting. I was the sports editor for two years and then the editor in chief of my high school paper "The Echo". I loved writting opinion pieces. I also helped write (and perform in) a one act musical performed by my high school.
I spent all of high school being a theater "techie", and my senior year i built up the courage to be in plays. I was in a musical and a comedy.
I love reading, writing, acting, and playing soccer. Right now im only ever playing soccer.
Its time that i take the talents God has given me and put them to use for him.
I want to end with these two verses that i am thinking about with all of this.
God Bless.
We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man’s gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.
Romans 12:6-8
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive and inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Colossians 3:23-24
No comments:
Post a Comment