Friday, November 11, 2011

But He Told Me

I was scared of spiders, and my mom said "Dont be afraid"
I was scared of school, and my brother said "Don't be afraid"
I was scared of bullies, and my friends said "Don't be afraid"

I grew and I grew. And the more I saw the more I knew, That I was scared.

I was scared of women, and my buddies said "Don't be afraid"
I was scared of people, and my doctor said "Don't be afraid"
I was scared of the pain, and I told myself "Don't be afraid"

I walked out that door and walked right to a new life. I was still scared.

I was scared of illness, and my adopted family said "Don't be afraid"
I was scared of college, and my mentor said "Don't be afraid"
I was scared to stay, and my friends said "Don't be afraid"

I was scared to die, and just as scared to live

And my jesus said "Don't be afraid"

No comments:

Post a Comment