Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Food for the soul Pt. 1

Imagine a road. One way leads to God, one to Satan. One to heaven, one to hell.

Today many people follow the road away from God. But we are given forgiveness and a chance to turn around.

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24

Replace Money with any sinful thing. Lust, addiction, extramarital sex, hate, racism, prejudice, pornography, etc.

When you make the choice to follow god, you have given yourself up to him. So you should let all these worldly desires go.

When you don', yet you proclaim Christ, it gets complicated.

I imagine it that you have stopped walking in either direction, and you spend time looking one way, then another. looking both ways, but committed to neither. As if you were deciding which way to go.

Well eventually you will have to go one way, and give up the other.

I have made my mistakes in life. I wasn't always christian. And even after I accepted Christ, I still made poor choices.

But i got sick of it all. I wasn't really christian because I didn't follow with all heart, yet not really away.

Satan uses those times, when you aren't 100%. He lets you believe "well if I'm 80% then surely i can be 70% and God will forgive me just the same." And its like that all the way to 0%.

I made my decision. To walk towards God. With all my heart.

I may not like what happens along the road, but the end goal is worth it.

So the point?

Take God seriously. He will always forgive you, but you need to act forgiven.

Those who are forgiven don't wallow in the activities that they needed forgiveness from.

They rise above, committed to God. Sometimes they may screw up. But instead of spiraling out of control, it stiffens their resolve to Be changed. To follow God.

spend the time you would spend in sin, in Godly activities.

Act forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment