Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent

Lent

A lot of people do lent. The catholic church has a set of rules for lent.

This year i was going to do soda. I drink a lot (a LOT) of soda. I should quit it anyway, its a common sense thing. So i thought about something else. Something that is more meaningful to my life as a christian.

Music. Not all music, just the stuff  i know better than to listen to.

Two good examples are Kid cudi, and modest mouse. A lot of kid cudi's music has vulger language. Modest mouse is an alternative rock band that 80% of the music they write is about death and the fact that there is no God.

Modest mouse is easy to give up. I know better than to listen to it.

Kid cudi is a little tougher, because its good music.

Which is why i should stop. We tend to make an excuse that "but its funny/good/not that bad" when we listen to or watch stuff that we shouldn't.

Entertainment is never a good payoff for sin.

Also what we surround ourselves with (including music) reflects on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment