Sunday, September 12, 2010

They truly are special in Gods eyes.

I haven't written in a long time (about 3 weeks), and I realized tonight that I havent written because ive been “busy”. I have had class, soccer, homework, and making friends going on so much that I havent noticed how caught up in living my life ive become that I havent always been focused on God. That needs to change now and never change back.




I have been thinking for a long time (8 weeks..... more than 48 hours = a long time) about what I would do with a special education/secondary english major. And one thing that has stuck with me is the idea that I like special education because I love the kids ive worked with. They are great. I worked with this guy named danny for a whole semester. He was always happy to see me and always smiling. He loved racecars and watching races. He was also really good at basketball. He was a shining star that brightened my day. and my oldest brother jerimiah is disabled mentally, and he is a great guy who loves people. he is a great part of my life. and i had to realize this over time unfortunatly.

And for these 8 weeks ive had the dream to get my special ed degree and then a masters in the buisness of education. With the sole purpose of creating a system all over the world to teach others to accept our brothers and sisters.

I have met so many that say they feel uncomfortable around these “special” people. I understand that, but im sorry because these people deserve the same love we would show anyone else.

Its heart wrenching also to think that all over the world things like this (and much much worse) are happening to these innocents.

But ive been afraid. And by being afraid I have failed. I want to be selfless, but I would be concerned for my safety before the joy and peace of millions.

I am not afraid anymore, because I know God will walk with me every step. And he never is afraid.

I came to other realizations recently. I dont need to be comfortable. I need God. And if I were to sacrifice everything (even my life) for God. I could never be more filled with joy.



And to sacrifice everything so that just one more person would know God would Make life so Good I cant even think of an adjective to describe it. (and im an english nut, so words come easy to me).



Challenge yourself, because once you make that difficult commitment, you realize how easy it really is to serve our beautiful lord.



I would die for anyone. And be happy because I know God would never waste it.



I dedicate myself to God for all of eternity again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment